Calvary Chapel is a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our greatest desire is to know Christ and be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only to any overemphasis of the doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ.
We believe the true basis of Christian fellowship is God’s love, which is greater than our differences. Without His love we have no right to say we are Christians.
We believe in and teach
- The Trinity as three distinct persons who make up the one.
- God: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Deity of Christ. He was God manifested in the flesh*100% God and 100% man.
- The resurrection of Jesus; that he physically rose from the dead on the third day.
- The virgin birth; that Jesus was born to a virgin.
- Salvation by grace through faith alone and not by any human effort.
- The inspired, inerrant Word of God as revealed to us in His Holy Scripture.
- The literal second coming of Christ with His saints to rule the earth. We also believe in the pre-tribulation rapture of the church.